Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Monday, August 30, 2010

Words that struck a cord - 8/29/2010

Esther 4:14

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance shall arise for the Jews from else where, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion.

The Amplified Translation

The fear of the destruction of her people was not enough to overcome her fear of the king Xerxes. That was until her adoptive uncle said the above. I believe it was his faith, which he was courageous enough to speak, in God's salvation of the Jews that gave her the strength to stand for her people even if it meant her destruction.

Is their something of your faith that you need to speak to someone? I know I have often remained silent. Could my words have made a difference in that moment? Has someone shared or spoken into your life something that has helped you or spurred you on? Maybe we all need to do a little more speaking of our faith into the lives of others.

1 comment:

  1. I love Esther so much. This verse always strikes home for me... Especially in the reminder that my "time" is probably RIGHT NOW - whenever that is. God has brought me to where I am for a REASON... am I living that reason out? It was true yesterday, today, and will be tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete