Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Goals for 2011: Part 2- 1/20/2011

Well 12 days later than I wanted this post to be, I am here writing part 2 of my goals for 2011. In this post I wanted to briefly outline a few habits/routines I want to put into practice in my life. Then I am going to give a basic schedule I want to make a part of my life daily to make the habits a part of my life. Then lastly I would like to share my plan for working out and my back up plans I was suppose to have posted by the end of last week. Then I will be making a part 3 that is some more goals for the year to improve my health in other areas that I wrote about in the blog posting on the Mattos Family Blog - A Healthier Mattos Family in 2011 - 01/02/2011.

Daily habits that will make me healthier
  1. Devotion and prayer time with Mandy

  2. Praying over Mandy, Jillian and Joshua

  3. Create To-Do-List for goals and tasks to complete

  4. Brush Teeth minimum of two times a day

  5. Floss Teeth

  6. Take vitamins

  7. Read a chapter in a book

  8. Household chore/task


Weekly habits that will make me healthier
  1. Plan for the next week

    1. Create schedule for the week

      1. List activities such as shopping and library and what days the will be done

      2. List appointments or meetings

      3. List Goals and to-dos for the week

    2. Create Meal Plan

    3. Make Shopping List

  2. Workout minimum of three times a week

  3. Until Job Found make at least 10 job contacts a week.
    A contact counts as a completed application submitted, setting up interviews either informational or job specific and follow up after application or interview


Monthly Habits that will make me healthier
  1. Date with wife

  2. Date with daughter

  3. Mattos Family Game Night

  4. Budget Committee Meeting













































Daily Schedule
Monday - Friday
6:55 AMWake up and get out of bed
7:00 - 7:30 AMPrayer/Devotion/Coffee with Mandy
7:30 - 8:00 AMMe Time/Start planning for day
8:00 AMWake Jillian up
8:00 - 8:50 AMGet Jillian and self fed, dressed and hair done
12:00 - 1:00 PMGet Jillian and self fed, spend some time reading and ready for nap
1:00 - 4:00 PMJillian nap/rest/quiet time. Finish days tasks and to-dos then me time
No later than 4:00 PMWake up/Let Jillian be done with rest/nap/quiet time
5:10 PMDinner is to be done by 5:10 PM if working. Start dinner accordingly
5:45 PMIf scheduled at 6:00 PM leave for work.
After Dinner Clean up is completed spend time as a family
No later than 11:45 PMHave Teeth brushed and be in bed
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:50 AMTake Jillian to School
9:10 AMStart workout at YMCA
10:10 AMEnd Workout and shower and dress for day
10:30 - 11:50 AMWork on tasks and to-dos
12:00 PMPick up Jillian from School
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM - 12:00 PMWork on tasks and to-dos for Jillian and self. Once done Jilly and daddy free time.
Before 12:00 PMBe home if out and about unless planned to have lunch out. Key here is lunch out is to be planned.


Here is my work out routine.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday After dropping Jillian off for school I will be going to the YMCA to work out.













MondayWarm Up - 10 minutesWeight Lifting - 20 minutes - Core/BackCardio - 30 minutes
WednesdayWarm Up - 10 minutesWeight Lifting - 30 minutes - Legs/ArmsCardio - 20 minutes
FridayWarm Up - 10 minutesWeight Lifting - 20 minutes - Core/BackCardio - 30 minutes


I have chosen three back up plans on the occasion that going to the YMCA is not an option.
  1. 30 minute walk

  2. 20 minute bike ride

  3. When I get my weight down I will use the WII Fit again for 30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I'm encouraged by your comittment Kenton. I too am working on developing some better habits and routines to 'self-improve'.
    And I must say, the alarm clock, no matter how annoying, has become a great tool for beginning achievement for me.
    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete