Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A decision of Faith - 03/01/2011

Before I wrote my Blog Yesterday which was mostly about the emotion and fears I had been feeling and facing. Mandy and I were in the midst of a depressing and fear filled conversation about our future. We discussed how much we needed to meet our budget if we stripped it back to the bare bone minimums(Housing, Food, Utilities, Gas, Insurance). We discussed that we needed to contact Aflac before we wrote it off as not happening. We discussed that we didn't want to have to spend another season for another child working opposite shifts. But all the discussions brought were fear, frustration and discouragement. Most of which was the weight I wrote about yesterday.

But in the midst of the weight came a clarity and strength that I haven't felt in some time. And I made a decision for myself and my family in that moment. We would stand in faith that God would provide for us. We decided to take what leave Mandy has and use it over the course of the 12 weeks of FMLA that Mandy is allowed. That gives us three months before a final decision is to be made about her going back to work for the state. We feel between her leave time and the tax return we can make it that long with out a significant change. But that realization didn't come until after I made a decision of faith.

I am grateful for those of you who shared your concern, prayers and words with Mandy and I. Please keep it coming. Keep involved in our lives, investing in us. Because I believe your investment will produce fruit in us. Your involvement in our lives will help us grow. We need people but not just passer-byers, window shoppers or people not willing to get into our muck. We need people intending to invest and see the return. People who are willing to dig and water our lives with us so the growth and fruit can be bountiful.

If that is you keep sharing, keep praying, and keep us in relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment