Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A moment to smile at - 05/31/2011

Those of you who have been following my blog or have been following the journey that Mandy and I have been on over the last couple of years may have heard us talk about the lack of friends in our lives. The schedule I have been on for almost 5 years and the move to Washington have made it hard on us both in the area of connecting with other believers. But in the midst of our frustration while we wait in anticipation for the changes in our schedules God has recently brought an opportunity to us to establish friendships.

A week ago from last Saturday we took Jillian to the Lacey Fun Fair. The daughter of one of the guys I had gotten the chance to hang out with at the men conference a few weeks ago was in the parade at the fun fair. So after we hung out for a while looking at booths with Jilly we decided to go get a bite to eat. Then we saw the Stark and Himes families and they invited us to sit with them. So we did and that started a whole day of hang out time. After the fair we all head to that S-place for coffee. Then they invited us over to the Stark's house for a BBQ but I had to work. I encouraged Mandy to go with out me which she did.

All of this said just to lead up to the moment I encountered Sunday morning at church. A moment that made me smile with a grin that went from ear to ear. I had gone to check in Jillian for her Sunday School class for church at the Living Water Regal Campus Service. Jilly was not wanting to go and so I was a little frustrated by this but her step picked up and attitude changed when she saw the Starks and sound out that their daughter was in class. Then upon returning to the lobby I was greeted with a wonderful heart warming sight. There was Mandy, not standing alone as I have so often found her lately, surrounded by our new friends. Katy and April were talking with her and Michael and Seth stood nearby waiting for me.

What a blessing. Thank you Lord and Thank you Michael, Katy, Seth and April.

No comments:

Post a Comment