Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Lord Is

Numbers 14:18 NLT

‘The LORD is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. He lays the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.’ (Numbers 14:18 NLT)

When it comes to the truth of God's character there are some I am very thankful he has chosen to have. Numbers 14:18 starts with a list of attributes I and all of us should be thankful for.

Look at how many times the Israelites sin against god in just chapters 14-15. God is ready to destroy them each time. But grace is extended but at the same time punishment is given.

How many times have I walked in disobedience, grumbling, and out right rebellion? Thank God he hasn't nuked me yet. How many times have I let my fear (legitimate and illegitimate) hold me back or stop me from following God's leading? How many times have I allowed the circumstances of life and other people to influence my choices and the way I live my life? The number of times only God can keep track of.

I am thankful for the character of his love and forgiveness. I am thankful that I still am breathing and have the opportunity change my rebellion, grumbling, choices in life. That is what I am standing on. Not perfection but on the ability and opportunity to be better than I was yesterday. Thank God for another day, another chance and the possibility for success despite the past mistakes, choices and failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment