Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Process Miracle

I am really intrigued that in this miracle(Mark 8:23-35) there wasn't a miraculous healing instantly. Jesus first spits in the man's eyes and then ask if he can see. The man replies yes but i don't see fully. So Jesus covers his eyes again and then the man can see.

Why? Why did Jesus do it this way? Was this blindness more powerful? Was there more than one illness that was effecting the man's ability to see? There are a lot of questions I could ask about the miracle and the blind man or even Jesus. How many of those questions are a distraction from the miracle? How many of those questions are just me trying to figure out God or come up with a formula I can use?

We have many different ways documented for us of how Jesus accomplished healing miracles. He spit in people's eyes, made mud from his spit, had people bath in water, used his words and even just had people touch him. Again I could get caught up in the questions of why are there so many different ways and processes he chose. Let's not do that. Let us see that if Jesus used different ways and sometimes the process was not an instant touch. Then let us take hope that those areas where we need God's touch if he be healing, deliverance or freedom that there is hope even if it doesn't happen like an instantaneous miracle.

I know that when I read this passage today and meditated on it, it gave me hope. Hope that even when things don't appear perfect, Jesus may just be getting to put his hands over my eyes a second time and the miracle is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment