Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Believe!

Mark 9:23-24 NLT
23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”
24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

To often I found myself at the point where faith and belief hit the road and fall short. I find that like the people in this passage I look at the things around me, the situations and circumstances and let them and my understanding rule my faith. I believe in God and Jesus but find my lack of belief shown to me in how I respond to the things I find needing God to do a miracle.

I believe that God created the universe and everything in it with out a doubt. I have seen God's provision in my life and the lives of others. I have heard of great miracles that have been done in people's lives outside of the bible and biblical times. But like the man in the story I find myself in a struggle of unbelief.

For a long time I thought this unbelief was due to not having faith. That somewhere along the journey of life I had lost the "little pouch of" faith God had given me. But recently I heard a sermon that talked about the fact that we all have faith. The issue is not that it is absent but that it is too small.

So I find myself standing with the man saying I have faith but help my faith. I believe but help me believe. I have hopes and dreams but help me hope and dream.

Lord,
Please help my unbelief. Help me to see you as the God who can and will. Grow my faith to the size of a mustard seed.

I have big dreams that only you can make happen. I want the to come true but until I believe that not only are you capable of accomplishing my dream. You can and will do it through me. That is why you have given it to me as a gift as something to hope for.

I am saying I believe but please help my belief grow bigger and stronger.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment