Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 44 a Prayer of Thanksgiving - 12/20/2010

Lord,

I am reminded tonight of many things I have to be thankful for. Just the reminder of those things is something to be thankful for. To me the reminders sometimes gentle like a soft breeze and other times they are like hitting a car a high speed. Either case the fact that you take the time to remind me of the things you have done and the blessing my family has received are testimony of your working in my life. Your working despite my fear, my reluctance at times and out right rebellion at others. You keep working and working. Thank you for being a God of patience and love. I know I would have given up on me a long time ago. Yet another good reason why you are God and I am not.

My family is to me the greatest of blessings and at times frustration. Even in the rough times I want to be thankful for the gift of family. Help me with that goal. I am very thankful for my three greatest blessings. My lovely wife, my adorable daughter and my soon coming son. God I thank you for them and all they have and will bring to my life. The miracle of my marriage to Mandy is another proof for me of your love and desire to interact in my life. Thanks for reminding me yet again of that.

We have been blessed with provision for our needs and have never as a family had to be with out shelter, food, clothing or any of the real necessities of life. Yes we have had to sacrifice some of our desires and wants. But you have always provided for the needs. Even in the times where our stewardship or hearts have not been in the right place you have provided. I can also gladly say you have allowed us at many points and times to be the tool of blessing in other peoples lives. If it has been through providing a place for a friend to crash or live or the ability to gift money to help provide food and gifts for less fortunate people we don't even know. Your provision has been great and I am truly thankful for Your working in our lives.

Thank You God for all you do. Especially when you do it when we come no where close to deserving it.

Kenton Mattos

1 comment: