Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Miracle

This post is a question and answer post. I am asking a question and hoping you my readers will answer it. I have been mulling over the subject of miracles after something I read recently. In preparation of a post regarding this subject I wanted to get some other peoples opinions.

Enough babble lets ask the questions and get your responses.

1) In your own words define what a miracle is?

2) Do you believe in miracles and do they occur in life today?

Please respond either as a comment or you can send me a email.

3 comments:

  1. 1) I'd define a miracle as something that happens that would not (or should not) occur naturally at that time.

    2) Yes, I do believe in miracles and I do believe they occur in life today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Anything that has an effect on one's life.

    2)They can happen in everyday life. As far as if I believe in miracles....I pretty much have to based on the fact that I have a definition.

    As a side note I believe that any event can be viewed as a miracle because from a certain frame of reference every event can be seen as a miracle. The smile on the bus drivers face when boarding. The guy behind you being too loud. If it wasn't for a smile, how would we know how to smile or what it meant. If we didn't have people to annoy us then how would we then know how annoying we are to others.

    I am not certain I explained this well enough. It is a bit early for me today and I am also sick. If you need clarification don't be afraid to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what Carrie said.

    And miracles definitely occur today, no doubt whatsoever. Even those who don't believe in God believe in miracles.

    ReplyDelete