Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Eyes that struck a cord - 9/5/2010

I have been writing a lot about words. My response to a verse, devotional or something I have taken in that day which made me ponder or think. Today at the Church of Living Water service held at Lacey Regal Movie Theater I had what at first seemed like almost the worst seats in the house. Now for viewing the big movie screen during the sermon they where not the best seats.

However to be able to look Pastor Tim and the worship leaders eyes it was the second best seat in the house. The one seat in front of me may have been better, there was only one seat in front of me. How can some ones eyes make you think or ponder. it wasn't the physical eyes but what I saw in them that struck me and spurred me to think. The Passion, The Joy, The love, The hope, and the sincerity I saw is what made me think.

I wondered what others see in my eyes. I thought about looking in the mirror recently and having the thought that I looked tired and lifeless. What do you see in my eyes? What do you see in your eyes when you look in the mirror? Are you afraid to look someone in the eyes? Why? I heard once that the eyes are the window into the soul. If so what are we seeing in each others souls. I want my eyes to show more than I feel they do. So I need to get the good stuff into my soul.

My challenge to us all is to look into your own eyes this week. Ask yourself what you see. Then look into the eyes of a child. What do you see? Find someone who has seen years and years of life and look deep into their eyes. Find that leader or authority figure you admire and look deep inside through the window of the eyes. It is not easy and can be quit an uncomfortable thing to do. You might see something there which you don't expect. You may even catch a glimpse of your Creator in the eyes around you.

2 comments:

  1. Love,
    It is a blessing to see the life back in your eyes. As you already know, I am so proud, amazed and touched daily by this blog, your thoughts and your growth. In just a week, the growth in your is phenomenal and I hope that more people will visit your blog and be challenged by the things you say.
    I love you very much and am praying for you now!
    -Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much enjoying your words, insight, and challenges, Kenton. Keep it up for all of our benefits.
    Love you guys!
    ~~Tam

    ReplyDelete