Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Words that struck a cord - 9/10/2010

Elijah: A Man of Heroism and Humility
Chapter 7: Sure Cure for the Blues

God has not designed us to live like hermits in a cave. He has designed us to live in friendship and fellowship and community with others. That's why the church, the body of Christ, is so very important, for it is there that we are drawn together in love and mutual encouragement. We're meant to be a part of one an others lives. Otherwise, we pull back, focusing on ourselves -- thinking how hard we have it or how unfair others are.

Page 121

This is a hard one for Mandy and I. One of the things we had hoped for and expected to see with our Journey to Washington was more opportunity for fellowship. We have not seen this come to fruition in our lives. My schedule has still not allowed for the ability to have fellowship outside of our weekly church service attendance. We sit here and question ourselves and God if this could be part of God's plan. In light of recent messages we have heard at church. In light of words such as Chuck Swindolls. In light of what we believe the Bible says about the design of the church. The lack of fellowship seems not to be as God would want it. So why is it this way? Why are we here asking and pleading for the chance to be in fellowship? How much longer will this draught of fellowship go on?

I have come to the conclusion of two possible responses. We can grumble and whine, while we feel pity for our current situation. Or we can look to God with the expectation and faith that He is working in our lives. We can see this as a Cherith or has a threat of Jezebel. The way we respond is ours to choose.

Even in the absence feelings of fellowship and community, we are not left alone. We our not with out love and or support. We have family and friends all over, who are praying for us, supporting us and loving us through it all. Yes the face to face, day to day fellowship is lacking but the community is there if we keep our eyes and hearts open. We can and will find it. The choice is ours. It is not always an easy choice so stand with us, pray with us and love upon us as we daily face the choice.

1 comment:

  1. This is a type of fight that I struggle with, too, especially living alone. I LOVE my alone time, but sometimes I think I may live too much in it. I've developed a lot of relationships here, through church, small groups, work, etc., but so often *I* opt not to act on those and create times of fellowship. I think the question, for both of us, is... What opportunities is God giving us to grow outside of our comfort zones and actively seek the fellowship of other believers?

    ReplyDelete