Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Friday, September 3, 2010

Words that struck a cord - 9/3/2010

Elijah: A Man of Heroism and Humility
Chapter 4: Standing in the Shadow of God

"On the bed of your life place the remains of your broken and scarred past . . . the emptiness of your poor character traits . . . the habits that have so long controlled you . . . the limited vision that continues to characterize you . . . the slight irritation that nags or the large one that looms . . . the anger or violence or lust or greed or discontentment or selfishness or the ugliness of pride. Lay these things before the Father and stretch yourself out under His shadow as you ask Him to bring about remarkable, even miraculous changes in your life"

Page 69

This is where I find myself today and many others for about the last nine or ten months. Placing myself before God asking Him to reach out his hands and touch this minute, mediocre and unknown life to most of the world. I have been seeking a miracle? I have been asking God creator of all we see and even more of what we can't to change me. To take over 30 years of programming, training, view points, paradigms, habits, values and beliefs and somehow make me like Jesus. Mind blowing is one way to describe the faith needed to truly believe that he will answer this prayer. Some how at a certain time you reach a point where the audacity and foolishness of such a prayer is over shadowed by the hope and desire of such a prayer.

I have found myself here before and have made it varying distances down the path to Son-likeness. To me this time seems different. Is it just me and my perceptions? I am just downplaying the past experiences, disqualifying the past experiences? I know I am not who I desire to be. I know I am not functioning in all my giftings and talents. I know I have dreams going unfulfilled. I have seen far greater than I am right now and I want to see even greater than I have.

It made since for Elijah to experience God's touch, leading and provision. Elijah was a Prophet a great man with a message. What about me? What about Mandy? What about my sweet Jillbacca(Jillian)? If I answer no to any of those I am selling myself and God short.

My faith is growing inside me. It is a journey. At times it is from one dried up brook to the deathbed of widows son. At others, which I am looking forward to, it is the building of an altar and the calling of fire from heaven.

1 comment: