Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Words that struck a cord - 9/4/2010

Sometimes the hardest part of a journey is the process of going from one step to another. In some cases the time it takes either is longer or seems longer than we want. This can be made even more difficult when you have to wait for the next step of the journey.

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/bigpicture/
Wow 7 Minute Daily Bible Reading

Mathew 28:13

'When they had gone, an angel of the LORD appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him."'

This is a struggle we find ourselves in now. We have listened to the direction "go". But now we sit waiting for the "until I tell you". The waiting is much harder than we expected. Disillusionment is setting there knocking and waiting for us to give in. How easy it is sometimes to give in and say God must have forgotten us, we must be doing something wrong, maybe we misunderstood the plan, or what are we being punished for.

Please walk beside us in prayers and through your living with us. If you are in a similar place and need us or someone else to pray or live along side of you? Reach out!

God,

I pray for our journey. Help our doubt, our fear and our impatience. Bring our lives into alignment with your plan and with your children. We must not journey alone but with You and with the family we have been so graciously adopted into. Help us to hear and follow you today, tomorrow and everyday. This is a new process for us and we need encouragement and strength.

Thank you for all you have done. Help us to be mindful and grateful for each blessing, each directing, each prayer lifted for us and each life we get to be a part of.

In the name of Jesus,

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment