Life is a Journey

I am a Star Wars fanatic and I am a follower of Christ. The similarities between the Christian Faith and the Jedi Order have caused books to be written and I find it to be a great way to present my personal journey of faith as Jedi/Christian.

I know I am no longer a Padawan but somewhere in the midst of my knighthood my path got blurred, my faith had weakened, and I had almost lost hold of the purpose of the Jedi. Now equipped with the love of a family, a renewed hope with a purpose I am trying to find the my way back to the Order. My goal and desire is to be a Knight worthy of the honor, blessing and title of the Order. I Knight walking by deeds, words and power as I strive and grow into what the Masters have called me to be.

My Journey has not been easy and I have stumbled, struggled,
faltered, fell, even at times given up. However the Force and many of the Orders Knights and Masters haven't given up on me. So this is were you can join me in the very midst of my journey. That is the purpose of this blog. To be a place where others can join me in the journey that lies in the places somewhere between Padawan And Master. I hope to share the insight and words that touch my soul and catch hold of my intellect and my heart. To expose the things I fear and those things that spur me forward. It is my journey and I welcome you along.

Kenton J Mattos

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Words that struck a cord - 9/12/2010 Part 2

After talking with Mandy, reviewing what I wrote yesterday and reviewing what I had been pondering it became aware that I missed something. So if you have read yesterdays post and walked away scratching your head wondering what I was thinking. Or maybe you just read it and when you finished all you can remember is the head ache you where left with. Okay so maybe you didn't do either but my thoughts were not complete so I hope to shed more light on what I was trying to express.

I feel as if I left everyone with an expression that I that the creation is true and any form of evolution is contrary to the Bible. Now I do feel this way but that was not my point that was not the revelation from my pondering. Lets go back and try to retrace where I wanted to take you in my thoughts.

First point was to realize that when we view the Bible it is a whole unit. It is a complete package. So either the whole thing is historical and true or the whole thing is fiction and false. Why because if one part is not true or historical then the whole can not be historical or true. This is accurate for our view of creation, miracles, the Resurrection, God himself and any other topic or discussion regarding the Bible.

The other point I was trying to express was I realized that this was the stance I had to take myself. For me when I looked at the Bible I had no problem viewing it as scientific or historically true and accurate. Some think that such a view is simple minded and not one based in logic or intellectual reason. For me I don't feel that is at all accurate. I have done my share of reasoning, studying, researching, and intellectual processing to arrive at my point of view. If that is so then what struck about believing the Bible as true.

One of my greatest struggles is seeing myself as God sees me. This was where I needed to decide the Bible was true. I had to decide that what the Bible says about how God views me as a part of his creation and as a part of his people are true for me. I need to hold on to the promises of God in the Bible. Promises like what we find in the book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 29:11
The Message
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Is there a part of the Bible you have a problem with holding to as true? If I can help you process and work through it please let me know. I truly feel this is very important topic to wrestle with and come to a decisions about. I hope when you get to the end of the process you will be standing with me holding onto the truth of God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment